If, Dr. Axe, Says Healing Leaky Gut Syndrome Is True, It Must Be True!
Just last week, a spoke to a future patient that told me, “Dr. King, I listened to Dr. Axe talking about healing Leaky Gut Syndrome (LGS) for Hashimoto’s Disease, and I never believed you about the gut needing healing until I listened to him!”
I am not sure how long Dr. Axe has been around, but recently his marketing has taken him to another level (which is great, as more people are going to get helped), but I have been preaching to patients for almost 10-years about healing the gut.
Your Gut = Your Immune System
80% of your immune system is dependent upon a healthy functioning gut. Once the gut lining breaks down, all HECK can break lose, and most of the time this leads to an autoimmune condition, such as Hashimoto’s Disease, turning on. Think about this for a moment, if you have an autoimmune condition, your gut lining has been compromised. Don’t you think it would be important to heal the Leaky Gut Syndrome?
Why would Leaky Gut Syndrome Begin?
- Food allergens: this is one of the most common reasons why people’s gut lining breaks down, causing Leaky Gut Syndrome/Intestinal Permeability. Gluten, Dairy and Soy, are all inflammatory foods that begin to destroy the gut lining. Do you think you can handle some eye-popping food information? Watch What the Health! and What’s With Wheat!
- Excess cortisol: many people have heard of cortisol before because it stores belly fat. Did you know that too much cortisol causes inflammation, affecting your gut lining, along with causing BRAIN FOG! That is right, your brain fog could be caused by too much cortisol, that has caused Leaky Gut Syndrome.
- Medications: yes, antibiotics will destroy the good gut flora. I recently received an email from a potential patient that had been on multiple rounds of antibiotics, for a straight 10-months!
- Pregnancy: did you know that during your third trimester, your immune system switches dominance (TH1 to Th2 and vice versa)? What this means to you is that sometimes you will develop an autoimmune disease due to pregnancy.
- Adrenal gland stress: the adrenal glands release cortisol, normally, to help stabilize your glucose levels throughout the day/night. Your adrenal glands are also your STRESS GLANDS! Emotional stress, such as moving, changing/losing your job, divorce/death in the family are some of the biggest emotional stressors we will ever experience.
Most of the time, we get hit by multiple stressors at once, and we have seen after these stressors, an autoimmune condition turns on.
This is exactly what happened to my better-half, Natasha, recently. Her mother has Hashimoto’s Disease, along with her sister, but for the last 6-years Natasha’s antibodies have been negative.
Well, along with us moving to Texas, the black mold in our home in California, and a number of other “speed bumps” we have encountered since our move, Natasha’s antibodies turned positive = Hashimoto’s Disease.
How Do You Heal Leaky Gut Syndrome?
Many people and gurus are now creating their own LGS healing products. I am sure they are great, but my favorite Leaky Gut healing product is from Apex Energetics, called Repairvite. Why? Research! I have seen the research behind all of their formulations and know the quality control those products go through, and even the formulators of the products.
Now, no two patients are the same, and there are different variations of gut dysfunction and gut repairing products.
If you have ever been diagnosed with SIBO (small intestinal bacterial overgrowth) then taking “regular” Repairvite would make you worse! There are certain properties in Repairvite that can cause more irritation and inflammation. This is why working with a doctor that understands the ends and outs of Leaky Gut healing is beneficial.
Yes, some people will be helped by the products they are buying online, but the patients who have been suffering for years, bouncing back and forth between doctor after doctor, needs someone who can walk them through the steps of healing the GI-lining, without causing more aggravation.
Normally, healing the GI-lining takes 90-120 days! That is ONLY 3-4 months! It took me almost 2-years to do the same thing. Why? When I discovered I had Leaky Gut Syndrome/Intestinal Permeability (LGS/IP), not many people knew about it or understood how to heal it.
I made it my mission to figure out how to heal my gut! I did, but…it took right at 2-years to do. Now, I have it down to roughly 90-120 days. Pretty cool, huh?
Yes, infections can cause Leaky Gut Syndrome. I like to call them, “critters”! If you have critters, they will eat away at your gut lining, creating inflammation, causing LGS/IP. The critters must go!
Quick story, a patient emailed me last week and told me “I have TAPEWORMS”!!! Needless to say, she was freaking out a little bit. I sent her some of my favorite critter killers and today she emailed me saying “there is a massacre” going on inside of her body! LOL
She was being a little funny and animated, but what she was trying to explain was the critter killers doing their job = killing off the bad guys (not the good guys, which is important to know).
Lots of times, parasitic infections are a big deal. Parasites like to feed on yeast. So, adopting a low sugar diet, along with killing off the food for the critters is essential.
OMG…I don’t Want Critters!
How can you know if you have them or not? Through specialized testing, which I run on every single patient. Easy Peasy!
If they are there, we will kill them off, re-check the labs and make sure they are gone, and keep healing the GI-lining.
In summary, to begin healing the gut lining, you want to look at stressors:
- blood sugar
- emotional/chemical/physical stressors
- past history of lifestyle
- food allergens
Then, you want to focus on staying away from any triggers that create this inflammation.
Next, you want to begin patching up the gut lining! Make sure you are getting products from someone that knows specifics about YOUR health condition. Guessing about which products to use based an online video can be dangerous and delay your healing.
To get help with all of this, call me: (866) Drking-1. Let’s get you back to being, YOU!