Healthy, Vegan-Based, Cauliflower Taco Recipe!
Are you looking for a healthy, vegan based, cauliflower taco recipe? Well, look no further…we made these last night and LOVED them.
They are quite easy to make, and if you prepare enough of the ingredients, you can have them for lunch the next day. Remember, keep everything simple. We opted for some frozen veggies here (organic), but the frozen veggies speed up the preparation time. You could even use organic, frozen cauliflower as well. We had some fresh cauliflower in the fridge and wanted to use it up.
1) Siete almond flour tortillas (they were out of the coconut yesterday) – we get them from Whole Foods or Amazon
2) Fresh, organic cauliflower; chopped – we bake the cauliflower with olive oil, pink salt and black pepper until our desired texture
3) Frozen (YEP), organic peas and carrots
4) 2 avocados – mashed with lime juice (fresh) and chopped red onions, sprinkled with pink salt
5) Black beans – we soaked them for 2 days
6) Kabocha squash – chopped in small squares and baked. We use pink salt and black pepper for seasoning
7) Sweet onion- chopped and sauteed
The night before, we did use sauteed zucchini and squash before we tried the kabocha squash. Get creative with your vegetables. Buy what is in season and figure out how to prepare them. You can combine many different vegetables together to make a dish.
We heat our tortillas on the stove by placing them right over the burner (I am sure there are better ways to do this, but we like them a tad crispy).
Simply take all the ingredients above, and fill your taco!!!
It doesn’t matter if you are eating vegan or want to prepare these cauliflower tacos with some meat…either way, I am sure they will be delicious!
We absolutely loved these vegan based, cauliflower tacos.